This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is so easy to make!
Here are the ingredients you need:
- Grape Seed Oil (I like its lightness. If you use olive oil, I recommend lighter one than E.V.O.O.)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Tsuyu (Japanese soup base)
- Yukari (A kind of salty sprinkles for rice called furikake made from Perilla plant)
Among the six ingredients above, Tsuyu and Yukari are two things you need to get at Japanese supermarket.
- Start boiling hot water in two pots. One for pasta, and the other for okra.
- Lightly boil okra only a minute or so, in boiling salted water.
- Drain okra in a colander.
- Cut okra into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Cook spaghetti to al dente.
- Put the cooked spaghetti in a large bowl
- Put okra on top of the spaghetti
- Pour grape seed oil.
- Pour Tsuyu
- Add Yukari
- Add red pepper flake
- Toss gently to combine all the ingredients.
Italian meets Japanese. It’s quite a nice harmony, more like a mosaic than a blend of flavors. You will be surprised.