My mom used to make this sausage roll for breakfast on the weekends on occasion.
I had long been forgotten about this weekend breakfast treat of my childhood, but the memory of it came back to me when I found this tasty “black pork sausage” at Nijiya Market. I really fell in love with this sausage. It has perfect sweetness and savoriness: I just can’t have it enough.
The roll I used is called “butter roll”, which is a popular kind of bread in
Here is how I made “my mother’s sausage roll”.
- Lightly toast the butter roll in the oven.
- While the roll is getting warm in the oven, fry the sausage in a pan until golden brown. (I put few diagonal cut on the sausage before cooking, so it prevents sausage explosions, and it looks pretty when its done)
- Stir-fly thinly sliced onion and cabbage, and season with salt and pepper.
- Partially cut and open the toasted roll.
- Put onion and cabbage in the roll, then the sausage on top.
- Serve with ketchup.
Enjoy, lick the buttery goodness from your fingers, and do an extra few minutes of Yoga!